Parsimony is powered by ERPNext.
ERPNext is an Open Source project that has been built for over 10 years by the excellent team at Frappe Technologies Limited. It is in use by over 3,000 companies in different verticals around the world.
Out of the box it supports businesses of all sizes in Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Distribution, Education, Non-profits, Healthcare, and Agriculture. It is multi-company ready and handles over 75 languages and over 140 currencies.
We are proud members of the ERPNext community and Foundation and are grateful to the hundreds of developers and users who have all worked together to make ERPNext such a powerful, robust, and extensible platform. We share their desire to make ERPNext software available, accessible, and affordable to businesses large and small so that they can leverage this technology and focus on their own customers, products, services and mission.
Contributions to the Core are the Life-Blood of Open Source:
Parsimony is proud to be making regular contributions to the ERPNext project. To date, we have sponsored the following contributions:
- QuickBooks Online Migrator (sponsored in partnership and developed by Frappe.)
- Plaid Banking and Reconciliation (sponsored in partnership with Frappe, developed by Dokos.)
- Recurring To-Do (sponsored development by Bai.ph)
- Daily Work Summary (sponsored development by Bai.ph)
- Amazon MWS API (sponsored initial development by MN Technique, project completed by Frappe)
- Improvements to Chart of Accounts (sponsored in partnership and developed by Frappe)
- Coupon Code and Affiliate Code (sponsored development by Greycube.)
- Mandarin Translations (contributed by SymoGlobal)
If at anytime, you feel like Parsimony isn't for you, you should know that you can take a backup of your database and move it to ERPNext's hosting platform and continue to use most of the functionality that you had in Parsimony.
We want you to be a customer, client, and advocate of Parsimony because you know that it is the best system to operate your business.
(Not because you are afraid to move.)